- Police Department
- Animal Control
- Animal Noise and Nuisance Complaints
Animal Noise and Nuisance Complaints
Residents, whether living in an urban, suburban or city, are expected to tolerate reasonable amount of noise including, barking dogs or other animals, without complaint, but when an animal creates a public nuisance to a level that violates state law or city ordinances, you may:
- Communicate with the owner(s)/offender regarding the issue. Often, neighborly communication may be the best tool in trying to resolve problem.
- Talk to the surrounding neighbors regarding your concern and see how they feel about the situation then let the owner(s)/offender know that the excessive or continuous noises disturb you, and try to find a mutually agreeable or reasonable solution. Remember, as a witness, you are responsible for gathering all necessary evidence (i.e. log of time and date, audio/video tape of nuisance, name of neighbors/witnesses who are disturbed by nuisance, etc.).
Report Public Nuisance
To report an animal creating a public nuisance to the public or to report a stray animal:
- Send an email to the Big Spring Animal Control Department or
- Mail your complaint to the Animal Control Department at 3613 West Highway 80, Big Spring, Texas 79720 or
- Contact Animal Control at 432-264-2372. For complaints made after hours or on weekends, please contact Police Dispatch at 432-264-2550.
- Alleged owner(s)/offender's name, and exact address
- Date, time, and incident location
- Description of problem/nuisance (brief description of animal(s) causing noise, type of noise, etc.)