Planning & Zoning Commission
- 5:30 p.m.
- 1st and 3rd Tuesday of Each Month (Tentatively)
- 307 E 4th Street
City Council Chambers
Big Spring, TX 79720
Agendas & Minutes
As of May 2016 our intention is to provide the Planning and Zoning Agenda documents online every Friday afternoon prior to the Planning and Zoning meeting. View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The City of Big Spring maintains documents available either online or in a hard copy form that can be purchased at City Hall.
- Dale Avant
- Lupe Dominguez
- Bebe McCasland
- Kelly Owens
- Kevan Schooler
- Aubrey Weaver Jr.
- Tammy DePauw
The Planning and Zoning Commission was created to accomplish the following for the City of Big Spring:
- To identify community needs and to advise the city council of its short-range and long-range implications for the total development of the city
- To recommend achievable community goals as a basis for long-range planning and development programs
- To recommend plans, programs and policies that will aid the entire community in achieving its defined goals
- To interpret the adopted plans and programs to concerned citizens so that private activities and desires may be accomplished in harmony with public needs and policies. (Ordinance of September 23, 1980, December 8, 1987, §1)
If you are interested in serving on the Planning & Zoning Commission, contact the City Manager Office's in person or by calling 432-264-2401, or review information on the Boards and Committees page to print an application out.